Part of town Breitenbach
It is 1227,
as an inhabitant of Bodenstein with the cloister Reifenstein to 3.5 hoofs
exchange country in Breitenbach for country in Leinefelde. In the besides
issued document the place finds Breitenbach with it his first in writing
held on mention. The origin of the place goes back certainly still some
years, however, no recordings are given about that.
A determining time in the history of Breitenbach is also 1373, as
Breitenbach by the buying under Adolf von Nassau belonged to the Mainz
archbishopric and electorate. In 1612 the first time a mayor was mentioned
The first registration about the available being of own fire brigade comes
from 1780 when one already disposed of own big tube syringe. To a big fire
disaster it came in 1903. It was the time of the crop of potatoes when in
the middle of the village a big fire spread out which 8 properties grasped.
Still today one place farmed not again reminds of this day - the fire place
in Dorfstrasse. Also both world wars demanded her tribute of the small
place. Thus fell from 1914 - in 1918 46 men and in the time of 1939 - in
1945 102 men of the municipality.
After the reunion it makes itself necessary by a regulation in the
Thuringian municipal right that Breitenbach of an administrative
collectivity had to join and thus originated in 1991 together with the city
of Worbis and his districts, the municipalities of Wintzingerode and Ferna
the administrative collectivity „in the Ohmgebirge“ Worbis.