The smallest district of the town to Leinefelde-Worbis is with approx. 500 m about sea level the highly situated ones municipality of the Eichsfeld and was the place in Thuringia in which still a successful wheat cultivation was possible. The latter states already enough about the climatic relations which found her precipitation in the name of (Cold ohm field) towards from Kirchohmfeld (Warm ohm field). The first documentary mention of 1418 lies absolutely clearly late as the foundation of the place.
Under Anna von Wintzingerode, the mother of the knight Barthold XI. of Wintzingerode, farmers from Adelebsen were settled near Goettingen for the reconstruction of the spot Hüchelheim and Kaltohmfeld which presumably followed because of the reliefs for the construction of courts and houses settlers from other areas. The "new" Kaltohmfeld originated southeast of the spots Hüchelheim and Streitborn (Strüdesborn). With the transference of the upper leans rule about the possessions of Bodenstein by count Volkmar Wolf von Hohnstein to the elector of Mainz in 1573 the inhabitants of Kaltohmfeld came under the Mainz rule, however, maintained because of the narrow connections to the later count's families of Wintzingerode the Protestant faith. Already in 1588 the Protestant church was built which was torn off in 1655 and was established anew (name patron "Johannes of the Täufer"). The church originated after the establishment of the settler's courts and, hence, stands, in contrast to many municipalities of the Eichsfeld, on the edge of the local centre.