Part of town Wintzingerode - Accredited resort of recreation
document of 1209 in which archbishop Siegfried II of Mainz confirms the
endowment of the cloister Reifenstein by the count Ernst von Tonna the place
Wintzingerode is mentioned. Here in this time the ancestors of the later
count's gender "von Wintzingerode" have probably had her residence. In the
document a noble suitor Bertold de Wincingeroth is called as a witness.
Invested in the Frankish settlement period, used the founders the favorable
situation for the important watercourses and springs as well as the
favorable situation in the protection of the runners of the Ohmgebirges and
the castle located above the village.
The core of the village originated around the meadow in whose nearness in
1387 a fastened churchyard was; the first written mention of a church comes
from 1389. Moved times experienced Wintzingerode (Wenzingerod, Wissingerod)
in the 16th century. The population accepted like her rule the Protestant
faith. Accordingly of the definitions in the Augsburg religious peace of
1555 this change of the Religious affiliation was also preserved after the
counterreformation on the Eichsfeld. About 1530 Wintzingerode was called a
desert village site. Only after this time the resettlement of the village
occurred. The reconstruction was favoured by a comparison of the farmers
from five villages with young nobleman Hans von Wintzingerode in 1580.
During the ruling time of Heinrich von Wintzingerode a free school was
furnished in 1633 for the children of the Lean liable ones . Beside the
church and the crypt of those of Wintzingerode some listed constructions are
found in the place.
Beard-sweetly VI. of Wintzingerode (died in 1326), Protonotar and general
curate of the archbishopric Mainz;
Beard-sweetly XI. of Wintzingerode (in 1505-1575);
Georg Ernst Levin Reichsgraf of Wintzingerode-ground stone (in 1778-1857)